Financial PlannerDownload PDF
The primary role of the Financial Planner (“FP”) is to provide considered and appropriate advice to The Hopkins Group (“THG”) clients for investment, superannuation, and wealth protection and creation.
It is important the FP possesses all the skills required and is knowledgeable about the range of investment services provided by THG, especially financial advisory services.
The FP reports directly to the Head of Advice and also has a close working relationship with the other FPs, the financial service administration team and other advisers at THG.
Specific Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The FP's main responsibilities include, but are not limited to;
- Professionally prospect / self-generate leads, in addition to servicing THG generated leads
- Meet with new and existing clients regularly, via phone and face-to-face, ensuring their understanding of every client and their individual circumstances is complete and thorough, on both a personal and business basis
- Provide advice and be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- Investment (cash, equities, property)
- Wealth Protection
- Retirement Planning
- Cash Flow and Liability Management
- Risk Management and Insurance Planning
- Nurture and manage referral partners designated to or associated with the FP
- Keep up to date, compliant and knowledgeable on current finance sources, techniques, products, legislation, qualifications and courses required by THG and/or the industry
- Complete all required paperwork, including (but not limited to) Fact Find, Risk Profile, Fee Proposal and File Notes
- Track and maintain up-to-date soft and hard copy records/files of past enquiries, prospects and clients in accordance with THG policies and procedures
- Adhere to and follow THG procedure with regard to pre-settlement process with an off-the-plan property the FP’s client may be involved in
- Refer clients and business to THG staff members in other departments, where it is appropriate for the client to do so
- At all times the FP is to work within the boundaries of their Employment Agreement, FPA Code of Ethics and Rules of Professional Conduct, THG’s Australia Financial Service License Holder (Sentry Pty Ltd) and all policies and procedures of THG
- Working at various office locations across Melbourne, including the Melbourne CBD, Williamstown, Point Cook and McKinnon
- Comply with THG business systems and processes with regard to all activities
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable on topical financial or property matters which may be beneficial with regard to the FP’s day to day work
- Be an active and punctual member and contributor to training, team meetings and firm wide activity, including events which may be outside of normal working hours
- Comply with all policies and procedures regarding OHS
- At all times be well presented, courteous, enthusiastic and professional
The Hopkins Group Philosophies, Goals and Objectives
- A sound knowledge of THG philosophies, goals and objectives must be fully comprehended and adhered to when speaking with clients or creating any marketing collateral, including articles, documents and emails
- Comply with the THG Style Guide and Visual Identity, and encourage its use and compliance with other THG staff members
- A sound knowledge of THG Communication Strategy, and the manner in which THG communicates to its audience, is essential
Prerequisites and Qualifications
- RG146 and CFP Compliant
- Minimum of an Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working as a client facing Financial Planner
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain successful client and business relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate Microsoft Office Skills
- Thorough understanding of financial products and services, as well as factors currently affecting the financial services industry
- Salesforce or CRM database experience preferred, but not essential
- Experience with XPLAN favoured
- High attention to detail and accuracy essential
The work performance of the FP will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Achieving or exceeding agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Achieving or exceeding business targets
- Competency with clients
- Competency and accuracy with all manner of administration requirements
- The ability to work closely and cooperatively with all THG staff
Applications must include a Cover Letter addressing the above qualifications, experience and knowledge. Please attention your application to Durham Kenigsvalds.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please apply here.
Recruitment Agencies: Thank you for taking the time to read this position description, but please no calls at this stage.