The primary role of the Paraplanner is to prepare and produce quality, well researched and accurate Statements of Advice for The Hopkins Group (THG) clients.
It is important the Paraplanner possesses all the technical skills required and is knowledgeable about the range of investment services provided by THG, including superannuation, wealth accumulation, gearing to invest, regular savings, wealth protection, retirement planning and income streams, cash flow and liability management, risk management, Centrelink entitlements, insurance planning and estate planning and various Self-Managed Super Fund strategies, specifically SMSF LRBA’s.
The Paraplanner reports directly to the Operations Manager, and also has a close working relationship with the Financial Planners and Financial Planning Administration Assistants.
Specific Accountabilities and Relationships
- Preparation of Statements of Advice (SoAs) based upon information provided by Financial Planners through the fact find, risk profile and recommended strategies
- Data feed client information into financial planning software (XPlan) to produce sophisticated projections for SoAs (Xtools preferred)
- Assist in entering all the required client information into Xplan in preparation of completing SoAs through Xplan Wizards
- Assist in the maintenance and updating of IRESS Portfolio System (IPS) data (client portfolios) and Wealth Solver processes
- Assist in maintaining up to date product information and technical information templates for use in SoAs
- Print and bind SoAs
- Research insurance policies, funds and other products on request from the Financial Planner with the assistance of Insurance Quotation Module (IQM) in XPlan
- Check all documents for spelling, typographical and grammatical errors, and ensure all enclosures are included with correspondence
- All correspondence, documents, identification and other items to be accurately filed in the appropriate file
- Ensure all documents produced are fully compliant and in line with Wealthsure (our licensee) and THG policies
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable on current finance sources, techniques, products, legislation, qualifications and courses required by THG and the industry
- Assist with various ad hoc paraplanning and financial planning administration duties, as required
- Adhere to THG standards including, but not limited to, working appropriate and agreed business hours, adhering to dress standards, cultural standards and maintaining a clear work area
- Be an active and punctual member and contributor to training, team meetings and firm wide activity, including events which may be outside of normal working times
The Hopkins Group Philosophies, Goals and Objectives
- Completion of relevant formal qualifications, minimum RG146. Completion of Advanced
- Diploma of Financial Planning is highly desirable
- At least three (3) to five (5) years relevant industry experience as a Paraplanner
- Extensive knowledge and experience with the applications of Xplan when writing advice
- Experience with Salesforce or similar is advantageous
- Sound knowledge of the front and back-end financial planning process
- Sound knowledge of regulations and compliance obligations of which paraplanners and financial planners operate
- Excellent influencing and persuasiveness skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Proven business operations management and development skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate with people at different levels and with contrasting levels of technical knowledge and skills
- Project management and change management experience
- Experience in formulating, implementing and adhering to a regular training plan
The work performance of the Paraplanner will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- The completion of quality, well researched and accurate Statements of Advice in a timely manner
- The ability to work closely and cooperatively with the Financial Planners, Financial Planning Administration Assistants, and all THG staff
- Meeting or exceeding agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Competency and accuracy with all manner of administration and documents produced
Applications must include a Cover Letter addressing the above qualifications, experience and knowledge. Please attention your application to Durham Kenigsvalds.
Due to the volume of applications anticipated, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Please apply here.
Recruitment Agencies: Thank you for taking the time to read this position description, but please no calls at this stage.