Property Portfolio ManagerDownload PDF
The Property Portfolio Manager plays an important role in contributing to the growth and success of The Hopkins Group Property Management department.
The main activity of the Property Portfolio Manager is to ensure the successful management of a portfolio of properties under management, conducting open for inspections for the Property Management department, and the sourcing and converting of further property managements.
It is important that the Property Portfolio Manager is to work within the boundaries of his/her Employment Agreement, REIV, RTBA, VCAT, Vic Forms and Consumer affairs and all policies and procedures of The Hopkins Group.
Specific responsibilities and accountabilities
The main responsibilities of the Property Portfolio Manager include, but are not limited to:
- The professional management of a portfolio of properties under management, including a number of properties that fall under the NRAS scheme
- Managing maintenance issues in a timely manner
- Carry out open-for-inspections when leasing out a property, including creating effective advertising via online, print or boards
- All manner of due diligence with regard to tenant selection and management
- Assist the Head of Property Management with administration assistance as required
- Ensure lease contracts are negotiated and completed fairly and in line with the Residential Tenancy Act requirements
- Ensure the adequate collection, lodgement and distribution of tenant bonds
- Complete an accurate condition reports (with photos) before the tenant moves in, and conduct regular property inspections
- Work with the Head of Property Management to ensure any Tribunal applications are prepared and managed in accordance with the Residential Tenancy Act
- Ensure all client and tenant information is stored accurately in both Console and our client relationship management system (Salesforce)
- Keep up to date, compliant and knowledgeable on current property management policies, products and legislation, especially the Residential Tenancy Act
- In relation to NRAS properties, liaising with Haven Home Safe (the housing provider) and eligible tenants
To be considered for this opportunity, you will have the following skills and experience:
- 2 + years’ experience in property management
- Agents Representative Licence
- NRAS experience is not required but would be advantageous; candidates will be considered if they show a willingness to learn this area of the business
- Experienced or familiar in using Console highly favoured
- Own a car and carry a full Victorian driver’s licence
- Ability to work rostered weekends, when required
- Excellent communication skills
- Great at multitasking and meeting deadlines
The work performance of the Property Portfolio Manager will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Achieving or exceeding agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Achieving or exceeding business targets for the Property Management Department
- The successful management of current properties under management
- The success and growth of the Property Management Department
- Professionalism with clients
- Competency and accuracy with all manner of administration with clients
To apply for this position, please upload your CV via this form. Your application should be addressed to Durham Kenigsvalds, Chief Operating Officer.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates who submit their CV with a cover letter addressing the above prerequisites will be contacted.
Recruitment Agencies: Thank you for taking the time to read this position description, but please no calls at this stage.