As the first point of contact for visitors and incoming phone calls to The Hopkins Group (THG) office, the Receptionist is an important representative of the organisation.
The Receptionist must be well presented, courteous, enthusiastic and professional, with exceptional communication skills and be an advocate of THG’s philosophies and values as demonstrated through their actions.
The Receptionist’s primary role is to ensure the smooth running of front of house, directing incoming calls and visitors, and assisting in various ad hoc administration duties as required.
It is important the Receptionist is knowledgeable about the range of services provided by THG, including financial planning, property, mortgage and finance, accounting and property management.
The Receptionist reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer.
Specific accountabilities and responsibilities
- Be well presented, courteous, enthusiastic and professional – you are representing THG as the first point of contact for our clients and associates
- Greet clients and associates, offering tea/coffee/water and ensuring they are appropriately accommodated on arrival
- Answer incoming calls within appropriate time frames, be courteous and informative, and direct calls accurately and efficiently
- Ensure the reception area (including desk, foyer and client seated areas) is well presented, clean and tidy
- Ensure the reception desk is covered during times away from the desk
- Receive, open and date stamp incoming daily mail
- Coordinate outgoing mail, which may include mail merges, large scale mail out folding/packing, stamping envelopes, typing addresses, express post recording, international mail and arranging couriers
- Distribute faxes via email to relevant staff as soon as received
- Send a daily “Out of Office” update to all staff, which includes details of staff who are on leave, unwell or at appointments
- Manage meeting room bookings and calendars
- Assist the Office Administrator with tasks, which may include maintaining equipment registers, researching contractors and vendors and ordering stationery and supplies as appropriate
- Assist with typing and collating correspondence, general administration and documentation, ensuring all documents are checked for spelling, typographical and grammatical errors, and all enclosures are included with correspondence
- Assist with various ad hoc administration tasks, as required
Marketing and Events
- Assist with marketing activities, which may include putting together marketing packs, creating name tags, registering clients, meet and greets
- On occasion, attend after hours and weekend THG events, to assist with administration, meet and greet and registrations
- Order catering as requested
Other THG Expectations
- Keep up to date and knowledgeable on THG strategies, events and current business activities
- Be an active and punctual member and contributor to THG training, team meetings and firm wide activity, including events which may be outside of normal working hours
- Comply with all Company-wide business systems and processes
- Adhere to Company standards, including (but not limited to) working appropriate and agreed business hours, adhering to dress standards, health and safety policy, cultural standards, and maintaining a clear work area
- THG philosophies, goals and objectives must be fully comprehended and adhered to when speaking with clients or business associates.
- Comply with the THG Style Guide and Visual Identity and ensure all documents being produced are produced in line with THG guidelines
In addition, the work performance of the Receptionist will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Level of communication with all clients and associates
- Taking initiative and following through with tasks efficiently and effectively
- The ability to maintain, create and suggest new processes or systems in the office
- The ability to work closely and cooperatively with staff
- Meeting or exceeding Key Performance Indicators
The successful candidate must:
- Have proven experience or a demonstrated ability to handle a high volume of phone calls, greet visitors and complete other tasks at the same time
- Have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Be proactive, enthusiastic and personable
- Be innovative and highly motivated, with the ability to think on their feet, and work effectively both in a team and individually
- Possess strong problem solving and time management skills
- Possess high attention to detail
- Be proficient in MS Office
- Have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage conflicting priorities and work well under pressure
- Have the ability to develop good working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders
To apply for this position, please upload your CV via this form. Your application should be addressed to Durham Kenigsvalds, Chief Operating Officer.
Please note, only shortlisted candidates who submit their CV with a cover letter addressing the above prerequisites will be contacted.
Recruitment Agencies: Thank you for taking the time to read this position description, but please no calls at this stage.