Our goals and tips for 2018
We’re a month into the New Year and now that Australia Day has passed, it’s officially time to settle back into the daily grind.
On average, 80% of New Year’s resolutions fail by February. We’re here to tell you that we believe in you! Keep on keeping on! And while it’s good that January 1st signifies a new beginning, it’s better to remember every day is a fresh start. New Year’s resolutions are quite simply just personal goals, and setting those goals certainly doesn’t need to be an annual thing.
So rather than focusing on ‘New Year’s resolutions’ per se, we’ve asked around The Hopkins Group office to find out any goals and tips our staff members have on surviving the coming 11 months.
Bobbie Adams, Senior Accountant
- Save more money by shopping less and selling unneeded clothes on eBay.
- Go to the gym four days a week.
Myra Talha, Corporate Accountant
- Create a vision board and try my best to stick to it.
Chani Unger, Marketing Coordinator
- Unsubscribe from more emails – hopefully saving me the time I spend deleting the 100 or so emails I get across my accounts each day!
- Spend less on food… Money should be feeding my passions and helping me achieve my goals, not my stomach.
Joe Bonifazio, Senior Financial Adviser
- It’s more of a long term goal, but I’m aiming to get another investment property.
- Renovate my home – redo my laundry and bathroom and add a garage.
- Grow taller.
Alison Nguyen, Accounts Administrator
- To spend more on what I actually need and less on what I want.
- Go to the gym more.
Letishia Newcombe, Property and Contracts Coordinator
- To be more positive!
Lauren Wilden-Ross, Property Portfolio Manager
- To save up for a house!
- My tip is to bring your lunch to work, lunch break spending eats away at your wallet.
Stacey Wraight, Paraplanner
- Go on more adventures around Victoria – just get out into nature more.
- To step up in my role at work and focus on building my knowledge on investments.
- Get serious about saving for a house! (That means paying off the debt on my car).
- To focus on my health and fitness – along with my mum, we’ve started a challenge together!
- Become more involved with charities.
Stephanie Moore, Executive Assistant
- Exercise more, without spending money on a gym membership!
Kate Elliott, Marketing Manager
- Make good use of the coffee machine at work. I was shocked by how much I was spending on takeaway coffees at work last year (thanks to the Xero budgeting app!). This year, I’m counting my pennies and redirecting that $4 per coffee into my savings account every time I would normally hit up a café during the working week – weekends are for splurging!
Cassandra Mann, Operations Manager
- Eat healthier and save money by cooking at home more often.
- To work out five times a week and run twice a week on top of that.
Linda Vong, Accountant
- To be more kind and less passive aggressive towards my loved ones (specifically my husband!)
Meg McKenna, Content Producer
- Stick to my budget and save as much as I can.
- To go on loads of adventures, (I want to visit a country I haven’t been to before!)
- Do things that’ll push me out of my comfort zone – both professionally and personally.
Sarah Holdsworth, Leasing Consultant and Property Portfolio Manager
- Save, save, save. I’ve got a house to buy and a mortgage to pay!
- Quit smoking.
Shane Light, Head of Advice
- I’m not one to set resolutions, but my tip is don’t set resolutions you can’t keep!
Whitney Lian, Paraplanner
- To work out 2-3 times a week.
- Cut down on going out for lunch (it’s not going well so far…)
Ivy Guo, Graduate Accountant
- To drink more water. That’s it!
Perhaps our team member’s goals and tips for the coming year have inspired you to keep to your own, or maybe plan out what you want your 2018 to look like.
Either way, there’s no better time than now to write down what you want to achieve for your future, and when it comes to your financial future . . . we’re here to help. Speak to a financial adviser on 1300 726 082 to help crystalise your goals and objectives and map out a plan to achieve them.
Say no to boring and pocket draining work lunches
21/05/2018 Cassandra Mann, Operations Manager
Operations Manager and meal prep hero Cassandra Mann is here to get you excited about packed lunches
Deep dive into the Federal Budget with The Hopkins Group
09/05/2018 The Hopkins Group
We dipped our toes in the water of the Federal Budget last night, but now that the seas have settled, we’re ready to deep dive into the proposals and translate what it means for you.
Give me time! A working mother's lament
22/02/2018 Angela Herbert, Property Management Administrator
Angela’s story will hit home for many working parents – but what if there was a way to make life easier?