The main activity of the PIA is to assist The Hopkins Group (THG) clients to achieve Financial Independence, through superior investment, property portfolio management and ongoing advice. The PIA only recommends property that has been approved by the company, and is in line with an individual’s circumstances, as per our strict guidelines as to what makes an appropriate investment.
The Property Investment Adviser (PIA) plays an important role representing Property department in our diverse organisation, and contributing to its success.
At all times the PIA is to work within the boundaries of his/her Employment Agreement, Trade Practices Act, Fair Trading Act, Real Estate Agents Act, and all policies and procedures of Lantern Property Partners and The Hopkins Group.
The PIA reports directly to the Head of Intermediaries. The PIA will have a close working relationship with the other Property Investment Advisers, Financial Advisers, Property and Contract Coordinator, Business Development Officer and the Executive Chairman.
Specific Accountabilities and Responsibilities
The PIA is accountable for the following:
Professionally prospect and self-generate leads
Ensure all Company generated leads are followed up professionally and in a timely manner
Track and maintain up-to-date records/files of past enquiries, prospects and clients, in accordance with Company policies and procedures
Completely understand all your clients’ individual circumstances, to ensure the advice you are providing is appropriate to their unique situation, and the client fully understands your recommendations
Handle all client appointments with professionalism, competency and accuracy
Complete all required paperwork at times stipulated by the Company or compliance expectations, including (but not limited to) completely and correctly completing File Notes, Reservation Form, Contract and any other relevant information required
Provide advice and be knowledgeable in the following areas:
- The Hopkins Property Investment Philosophy
- The Hopkins Unique Property Investment Selection Process
- Definition of Recommended Property and Endorsed Property
- Cash Flow Understanding and Development
- Deposit options, including Cash, Deposit Bonds and Bank Guarantees
- Stamp Duty, Land Tax and other Government Fees across VIC, NSW and QLD
- Contract particulars
- Current Market Conditions
- Relevant real estate history in three major metropolises of Australia, being Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane
Be knowledgeable on LRBA superannuation strategies
Adhere to and follow Company procedure in regard to “Pre-Settlement Process” for all clients
Nurture and manage any Referral Partners you are designated or associated with you, in accordance with the Head of Intermediaries and our Intermediary standards
- Refer clients and business to THG staff members in other departments, where it is appropriate for the client to do so
- Keep up to date and accurate records on our Client Relationship Manager database (www.salseforce.com), including adding new records, updating existing records, and syncing and recording relevant emails, phone calls and communications
- Ensure all scanning requirements, as required by the Company, are carried out and saved to the appropriate drives
- Comply with all THG business systems and processes
- Meet agreed monthly KPI’s and targets
- Keep up to date, compliant and knowledgeable on topical property and financial matters, current real estate legislation, regulations, qualifications and courses required by the Company and the industry
- Adhere to Company standards, including (but not limited to) working appropriate and agreed business hours, adhering to dress standards, cultural standards, keeping car clean and tidy, and maintaining a clear work area
- We would expect client complaints wouldn’t exist, however, should any complaints be made against you, they should be handled with professionalism, courtesy and in a timely manner, with any such communication being reported to the Head of Intermediaries and HR Coordinator immediately
- Be an active (and punctual) member and contributor to team meetings, training and firm wide activity, including events which may be outside of normal working times.
- Ensure any audit requests are attended to in a timely manner
The Hopkins Group Philosophies, Goals and Objectives
A sound knowledge of The Hopkins Group philosophies, goals and objectives must be fully comprehended and adhered to when giving advice to clients
A sound knowledge of the THG Communication Strategy, and the manner of how THG communicates to our audience, is essential
Ongoing training in this respect will be arranged for the PIA
The work performance of the PIA will be evaluated on the basis of the following criteria:
- Providing appropriate advice to clients
- Achieving or exceeding agreed Key Performance Indicators
- Achieving or exceeding business targets
- Competency with clients
- Competency with paperwork and administration.