How do I apply for a rental property?

There are a few ways you can apply for a rental property.

1) You can complete an online application form using 1form. Links to these forms are provided on each property listing for your convenience.

2) You can complete a hard copy of our rental application form which a property manager can provide you with at our inspections, or you can download here <hyperlink to forms and downloads page>. This can be either handed to our staff in office or can be emailed directly to the property manager.

As a general rule, we always recommend applicants either inspect the property themselves or have a representative inspect on their behalf, before they apply. This way you will get a better feel for the property, its size and its facilities.

How much notice do I need to give to terminate my lease?

In Victoria, if your lease has expired, you a required to supply a minimum of 28 days’ notice. You can supply more, just not less.

Your notice must be submitted in writing and it must specify your vacate date. If fewer than 28 days’ notice is supplied, you will be charged the full four weeks’ worth of rent.

If you are still on a fixed term lease but decide to move out before the lease expires, you will be breaking your lease and will be required to pay lease break fees as set out in your lease agreement. This includes a pro rata leasing fee, any advertising costs and rent payments until a new tenant moves in, or the lease expires, whichever is sooner.

If you have been served a notice to vacate by the owner, you must vacate by the date they specify. This notice period will vary depending on the nature of the request i.e. rent in arrears, sale of property etc. If you are no longer on a fixed term lease agreement and have been served notice, you can submit a counter notice of 14 days.

For more information on landlord notice periods, please refer to the Consumer Affairs website.

What happens if I need to contact my property manager out of hours in a case of emergency?

Dependent on the emergency, our property managers can generally be contacted after hours on their mobile phones. However, in the case of fire always call the fire brigade first.

For break ins and any criminal or suspicious activity this should be reported to the police as a first point of contact, then to your agent for any repairs or restorations works.

In the event your agent is non contactable after hours and the situation is classed as an urgent repair, you – as the tenant – can call your own trade to attend.

We recommend tenants read their statements of rights and duties booklet supplied at the commencement of tenancy to get a better understanding of what is classed as an urgent repair.

Close *Required Fields