Are you looking for your next home? Let us help you find it.

The Hopkins Group has a selection of properties available for lease throughout the best areas of Melbourne. Once you have set your eyes on your potential new home, our team of experienced property managers are happy to guide you through the next steps, from viewing the property, to putting forward your application to the landlord, and finally drawing up a tenancy agreement when everything is approved.

When you have secured a tenancy agreement, we can also help you set up your utilities and book lifts with the building manager to ease your move. Then, once you have moved into your new home, our team will also be there to answer any questions you may have, arrange any maintenance or relay any queries to the landlord.

For more information about our property management services for tenants, please contact our office on 1300 726 082 and ask to speak with one of our property managers today.

Applying for a property

Once you have selected and made time to view the property you have chosen, you will need to fill in a Residential Tenancy Application form, so that our team is in the best position to present you as a potential tenant to the landlord. 

Residential Tenancy Application Form

Alternatively, you can apply online directly from the property listing using 1form

Maintenance Requests

Do you have a dripping tap? Is there a problem with the dishwasher?

From time to time, general wear and tear will have its affect on your rental home, and you may need to contact us to have minor repairs carried out. When that happens, all you need to do is complete this online form to request your property manager send an appropriate tradesperson out to rectify the issue.

Online Maintenance Request Form

Urgent Repairs

If you have an urgent repair that needs immediate attention, please contact your property manager directly. Please note urgent repairs as prescribed under the Residential Tenancies Act 2010 include:

  • burst water service
  • blocked or broken toilet system
  • serious roof leak
  • gas leak
  • dangerous electrical fault
  • flooding or serious flood damage
  • serious storm or fire damage
  • failure or breakdown of any essential service or appliance provided by a landlord or agent for hot water, water, cooking, heating, or laundering
  • failure or breakdown of the gas, electricity or water supply
  • any fault or damage in the premises that makes the premises unsafe or insecure
  • an appliance, fitting or fixture that is not working properly and causes a substantial amount of water to be wasted
  • a serious fault in a lift or staircase

While it is very rare that you would not be able to contact your property manager to report urgent repairs, missed connections can happen during weekends, public holidays and the Christmas period. 

If you have an issue that needs to be addressed urgently and you can’t get through to your property manager, you can arrange works without permission up to a value of $1,800. 

Find out more about urgent repairs

Emergency contacts

The Hopkins Group has a group of trusted contractors we can recommend to deal with urgent repairs in the event of you being unable to contact your property manager. Please read this blog post about what authority you have to order work requests.

Westgate Electrical – Scott – 0409 705 612
Luron - Aaron - 0431 483 329

Ochre Plumbing - Scott Orr – 0418 178 215
A and B Allen Plumbing – 0418 304 650 (after hours on weekdays only)

General repairs of an urgent nature only
(eg to board up broken windows/unlockable doors etc)
Post to Post - Damien - 0488 088 151

Stiebel Eltron Hot Water Systems
Brandon Electrical Services - 95442162
Stiebel Eltron - 1800 153 351

Titan Locksmiths - 1800 198 885

Moving out and giving notice

At the end of your fixed tenancy agreement, you will automatically roll over to a periodic tenancy agreement (usually month to month), unless previously agreed otherwise.

If you do not wish to continue with your tenancy agreement, you are required to provide 28 days notice in writing of your intention to vacate the premises.  You may provide notice via this online form.

Please note that if the date provided in your Notice of Intention to Vacate falls before the end of your fixed tenancy agreement, you may be liable for covering costs associated with finding a new tenant. You will also be required to continue maintaining lease payments until a new tenant is secured or your agreed lease term ends, whichever occurs first. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact your property manager.

Online Notice to Vacate Form

Close *Required Fields