Rooming House Management Services
ROOMING HOUSE PROPERTY MANAGEMENT
In addition to managing standard residential tenancies, The Hopkins Group has a dedicated team of rooming house experts, on board to negotiate the challenges and compliance needs of managing multiple tenancies in a single dwelling. Our specialised rooming house property management service encompasses all services included for our standard residential properties plus regular maintenance, record keeping of essential safety measures as required by the occupancy permit, and ongoing cleaning of common areas. All this is done while adhering to the minimum standards outlined by the Residential Tenancies (Rooming House Standards) Regulations 2012.
Our specialist rooming house team has more than a decade’s experience managing rooming houses across Victoria. Our Head of Rooming Houses, Mark Baker, has been on the committee of the Registered Accommodation Association of Victoria for several years and a Director since April 2016. He has has also been actively involved in working on submissions to the State and Federal Governments. Some of these have included the review of the Access to Premises Standards and the review of the Residential Tenancies Act.
HOW WE MANAGE ROOMING HOUSES
The Hopkins Group offers two models for our rooming house clients. These are:
Property Management Model
- You will require an operator license and we will nominate a representative for this license
- We take care of the leasing and management of your investment property
Rooming House Operator Model
- We take care of everything associated with your rooming house investment
- Our rooming house operator license is activated, and our team manage these responsibilities
- We monitor and adhere to the Residential Tenancies Act, Rooming House Act, Public Health and Wellbeing Act and other relevant legislation
- Comply with all council and state government legislation and regulations
- Conduct necessary safety checks and communicate with council and government offices
Stay up to date with the latest news and insights from The Hopkins Group, as it happens.
What is the demand for Rooming Houses in Victoria?
Let’s break down the numbers and investigate why rooming houses provide a competitive landscape for both tenants and landlords in Victoria.
Why you need a specialist for your rooming house management
As investors look to rooming houses as the next frontier to diversify their residential property portfolios, we break down how rooming house management differs from a traditional property management scenario, in this helpful blog!
A beginners guide to rooming houses
Your introductory guide to rooming houses, what they are, and why they’re an increasingly popular choice amongst investors.